Monday, February 3, 2014

Wimbly Lu Chocolate Cafe - Jalan Riang

Wimbly Lu, Many get excited when they hear this name and I used to be one of them, Used to.
I head over to Wimbly Lu one evening with some of my friends to check this place out and I and to find out just what is the hype around here.


We Started with the famous Root Beer Cake, I was really looking forward to this and I was a tad disappointed with it. I was expecting the root beer flavor to burst out in my mouth but I only tasted a tint of root beer flavor and a little bit of the gassy-ness of real root beer when I paired the cake with the vanilla ice cream. It was really unique though.
Root Beer Cake - $6+


Here's something I saw from The Chosen Glutton's Blogpost on Wimbly Lu that I think I should try, It's the Hazelnut Butterscotch Bar. The fragrant Caramel and Hazelnut pairing is heavenly and i dare say it's a MUST-TRY! 
Hazelnut Butterscotch Bar $4.50+

I love Tiramisu and It's almost a must order whenever I see it on the Menu, and it's no exception at Wimbly Lu. Their version lacks punch but it's enough to satisfy my craving.


Buttermilk Waffles and Lava Cake, these 2 are the most popular items in anyone's dessert list, even mine. I've heard quite a few raves about Wimbly Lu's Waffle and I had to try it for myself. It is light and airy and I love the fragrance of the batter and crispy outer layer, Mmmmm.

The Chocolate Lava Cake on the other hand, Warm and Moist, Oozing with chocolate lava beneath the crunchy top, It is a delight to devour it alone, advised not to be shared.



Molten Lava Cake - $6+

So Come On, Take a Trip down to Wimbly Lu to try out the many different chocolate creations available! :)
p.s: You can visit The Cajun King next door first before heading over to Wimbly Lu, But you can make a reservation 2 hours before your visit to Wimbly Lu to secure a seat. :)

Wimbly Lu Chocolate Cafe
15-2 Jalan Riang
Tel: 6289 1489
Opening Hours: 1pm – 10:30pm (Tue – Fri); 9am – 11pm (Sat – Sun); Closed on Mondays.


With Love, M

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jun Kai,

    Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the intro of CafeSG, Will definitely try it out soon!


    Regards,
    Michelle Lim (Michhysaurous ♥)

    ReplyDelete