I went to visit South & North Okinawa Gelato Pop Up Store at Raffles Exchange the other day!
Why the Pop Up store? Because they have only just arrived in Singapore and they don't have a physical store yet!! How many of you guys got to try their gelato?? Hands Up!
South & North Okinawa Gelato is healthier as it contains less fat as compared to Ice cream because Ice Cream uses heavy cream but gelato uses milk!
Most of South & North Gelato contain 5% or less fat content, so that you can enjoy without the guilt!
What makes South & North unique is that they only use Hokkaido & Yamakawa milk. You know all things Japanese is good right? Haha. They have really authentic Japanese flavours, no quirky flavours like peanut butter or milo etc. Why? It is because they only use what they can get in Okinawa to create their Gelato, Super Japanese la!
And they insist on using traditional Confectionery method which is in line with Okinawa's tradition.
They will visit different farmers and producers to ensure that they get the finest ingredients to be used to create their gelato. No artificial essence is used to enhance the flavours, its all natural.
To Show Off abit, South & North Gelato is THE CHOICE GELATO in Tokyo Disneyland!!
If you've been to Tokyo Disneyland, you might have tasted South & North Gelato!! They are also Voted the BEST Gelato in Okinawa, Japan.
I tried 8 Flavours of Gelato that day and I will list them according to my favourite first!
This flavour is soooooo unique!! I like the richness of the milk but also the saltish kick now and then. Haha. Super interesting flavour!
2. Black Tea : Made in Kunigami Village. A unique Okinawa tea leaves from Inzatsu Assam variety offer an full aroma character.
This flavour has a really strong tea aroma in every mouthful. Shiok!
3. Shikuwasa sorbert : made in ogimi village. The tangy sweetness of the green fruit is surprising refreshing and fruity.
This is almost like a lemon lime sorbet, but it is not. Sweet and tangy flavour.
4. Meyer Lemon yogurt : Meyer Lemon is a natural hybrid of lemon and orange. We made this into a unique yogurt as a suitable alternative after heavy dinner.
This one's a yogurt, but this meyer lemon is so unique, the flavour that is extracted is really special too. Could not tell what it was until they told me it was a hybrid of Lemon & Orange!
Natural Sweetness from a Village in Okinawa, very satisfying sweet flavour from Japan.
6. Purple sweet potato : From Yomitan villange and Miyako island. The purple sweet potato is made into velvety paste before blending into the gelato. The overall taste combined a mild sweetness and intense potato “punch”.
Sweet Potato lovers, please look here! This Purple Sweet Potato Flavour will kick you off your feet with it's intense sweet potato flavour, you might even think that you are eating a cold creamy sweet potato and not a gelato!
7. Matcha : Using tea leaves from Shizouka Prefecture, this gelato has intense yet slightly bitter after-taste. Great for matcha lover who is looking for the real matcha “punch”.
Matcha addicts, THIS ONE YOU DIE DIE MUST TRY! It's almost like they just mixed some intense matcha powder with some water and milk. The matcha powder is so strong, it's stronger than most of the matcha tea i drink. lol.
8. Okinawa Tofu : Made in Nanho city. Okinawan tofu, being extremely high in protein, is often referred to as “longevity food”. The overall gelao is gently rich with Okinawa soya beans.
Tofu is made from soya beans right? At first mouthful, really taste like cold frozen tofu. 2nd mouthful, I could taste the soya beans taste. Haha.
Super love how all their flavours are so REAL, it's because they only use REAL ingredients to make their gelato, and no artificial flavours added one!
Currently they do not have any physical scoop shops yet.
They are open for Wholesale & Franchise!
You can contact them via email (email@example.com) or Call (+65 9239 6043)
You can follow them on Instagram (@okinawagelato) to know their latest update and whereabouts!
If you have a favourite cafe or you know friends who are interested to start up their own business, why not contact them to start sharing the love for the best Gelato in Okinawa.
With Love, M♥