Saturday, August 9, 2014

[BTS] National Day Parade 2014 - Our People Our Home

HAPPY 49th BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!
Special Thanks to the Republic of Singapore Navy, I was invited to the National Day Parade 2014 Preview and Behind The Scenes to see how the RSN prepares for their performances! 

We were invited to go on the Rigid-Hulled Inflatable Boats (RHIB) to experience high speed manoeuvres on the RHIBs and to witness the operators firing the heavy weaponry on board. It was definitely a eye opening experience for me. I love the adrenaline when the RHIB goes into full speed and firing at the enemies, and afterwhich, coming to a sudden stop, creating a beautiful water wall. 
Photo credit: Derrick See facebook page
I believe that this takes many years of experience to just operate the RHIB and the coordination of everyone on the RHIB to ensure the performance runs smoothly and everyone stays safe. -salutes- Thank you for keeping Singapore boarders safe.

And we know that the Army and the SCDF always have displays of their fantastic tanks and fire trucks and I got a chance to look at them up close and get to understand their uses more in depth with the officers. 


And then we got the SCDF displays
 

And then It's time for the parade! I love how vibrant this year's theme is. And this year's theme is pretty awesome, its called "Our People, Our Home"

Performance Highlights:
We have our first Female Red Lion Jumping at this year's NDP!! AWESOMEEEEE! You Go Girl!

I always anticipate this moment when our national flag fly pass.

Isn't it very vibrant and beautiful this year? I'm super glad that I got the chance to attend this year's National Day Parade!! I'm sooooo looking forward to next year's Parade because it's our country's 50th Birthday!!
Enjoy the fireworks and I'll see you at my next post! :)





With Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment